Birds of a Feather Flock Together





My friend Shawanda is a personal finance blogger. Her blog is You Have More Than You Think. She has been ragging me about not updating my blog. I have a million posts in my head, but oops I forget to put them on paper. So I'm thanking her in advance for inspiring this post. Follow her on twitter (@theycallmecheap) or read her column on Savvy Saving Sister on SistersSpace.com

So here is a recap of a few things that I've been up to last month. Hopefully they will materialize into more substantial posts sooner rather than later.


1. Trip to DC - Lots of Pictures to share. I loved visiting DC. Everyone has their own sense of style. My favorite part of this trip was a toss up between visiting Eastern Market and the Lincoln Memorial. Eastern Market is like a chic farmers market, full of fresh food, and local artisans with some really eclectic items. We bought beautifully knitted , jewelry, and yummy calorie-free donuts.


2. My sister is getting married!- Which means she has been putting me to work. I look forward to sharing a blog post on how everything turns out. The colors are chocolate and rust. I worked with Gerri-Ann with Ardesign to design her bouquet. It should be in the mail this week.

3.I am the room mom for my kid's class. On friday, we had a "Where the Wild Things Are" Party. I got some inspiration from all over the web. One of the things we made were monster puppets.

So the The Hostess Chick has been busy, making the world a prettier place. If you want to share you party pics or crafts or something nifty on the web send me an email at tia@tialjones.com or find me on twitter @thehostesschick.

2 comments:

Shawanda said...

Is that a paper bag puppet? I used to love those when I was a kid. I'm tempted to have a child just so I'll have an excuse to make one.

The Hostess Chick said...

It sure is. Ours didn't turn out quite so pretty, but we had fun.